1 cup dark chocolate semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup unsweetened dark cocoa powder
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 cups fresh whole raspberries
Directions for Cake
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly grease an 8″ round cake pan; cut a piece of parchment or waxed paper to fit, grease and lay it in the bottom of the pan.
2) Place chocolate and butter in sauce pan on medium heat until the butter is melted and chips are soft. Transfer melted chocolate/butter to a mixing bowl.
3) Add sugar, salt, cinnamon, and vanilla.
4) Mix in the eggs, beating until smooth. Add the cocoa powder and coconut and mix.
5) Spoon the batter into prepped greased pan.
6) Bake cake for 23-25 minutes on middle rack. No more!
7) Remove from oven and cool 10 minutes then turn onto plate.
8) Loosen edges of pan with knife. Place flat plate on top and flip over, allowing cake to rest on center on plate.
1) Mix chocolate and cream in sauce pan on medium heat until very hot, but not simmering. Remove and stir until smooth.
2) Spoon frosting evenly over cake and dripping over sides. Cover with raspberries on top and allow to set for 2 hours before serving.
Yield: 8ish servings.