Summary : “This is perhaps the best chocolate cake you will ever have. It reminds me of the cake that Miss Marie used to make for me as a child.”
- 4 oz of unsweetened dark chocolate morsels
- ½ cup canola oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened Cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ cup softened organic butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs at room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup yogurt
- 3 cups grated zucchini (with skins)
- Pre heat oven to 350. Grease and flour two 9 inch cake pans
- On medium heat, combine chocolate and oil and mix until thoroughly melted and set aside
- Sift dry ingredients (except for sugar) and set aside
- Cream butter and sugar in a mixer on medium speed until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time. Add melted chocolate mixture followed by yogurt. Add dry mixture 1/3 cup at a time. Fold zucchini until fully combined.
- Bake for 40 minutes on center oven rack. Insert metal knife into one of the cakes, it should come out clean.
- Cool on racks then frost with Coop’s Orgasmic Frost or blend fresh raspberries and drizzle in between and over layers. Garnish with fresh mint.