Summary : “This recipe goes down as my all time favorite. The aroma alone will make you do crazy illegal things!”
- 4 Tbsps canola oil
- 2 lbs short ribs
- 2 onions, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup brewed coffee
- 1 cup Burgundy wine (any deep red will do)
- 1 chipolte pepper in adobo
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Place Dutch oven on cook top range, heat canola oil on high.
- Sear short ribs 2 minutes per side (they will look light brown and crusty). Set aside.
- On medium heat, add wine to remaining canola oil and drippings from ribs stirring for four minutes.
- Add onions, coffee, chipotle pepper, garlic and cinnamon and cook on medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place seared ribs directly into sauce/Dutch oven, cover and bake for three hours (if you don’t have a Dutch oven with cover, then tightly seal with aluminum foil).
- Allow ribs to set for 5 minutes before serving….if you can!
Number of servings (yield): 6
Copyright © Cooper Boone.
Wanna Print? Click Here: Perfect Short Ribs
April 16, 2013 – 1:31 am
Recipe: Rustic Chicken In 10
Summary : “This recipe takes only 10 minutes to prepare. SERIOUSLY! However, I bake it longer at a lower temp. I learned from my Granny that baking chicken at a lower temp over a longer period of time makes the chicken far more tender and flavorful. Think of it as the “crock pot” method without the crock pot! (Yes, I am a child of the 70’s) This chicken is best served with rice, pasta or barley, a green salad, a piece of hot crusty bread and a big glass of Yellow-Tail Merlot. OH YES BABY YOU ARE GONNA SCORE SOME LOVE WITH THIS ONE!”
- 4 Tbsps olive oil
- 2 Portobello mushrooms, coarse chop
- 1 red onion, coarse chop
- 1 cup chorizo diced
- 1 cup green olives, coarse chop
- 1 Chipolte pepper diced (you can add more to adjust for level of spiciness)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 Tbsp fresh rosemary
- Juice of one lemon
- 8 pieces of chicken with skin
- 1 can (28oz/1lb) crushed tomatoes. UNSEASONED
- 1 cup of grated parmesan
- Salt and pepper to taste (be careful to not over salt…there is a lot of salt in parmesan and chorizo already.)
- Place enameled cast iron Dutch oven (I use Le Creuset) directly on burner with 4 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add mushrooms, onion, chorizo, olives, chipolte peppers, garlic, rosemary and lemon juice. Cook on medium heat for 5 minutes. Remove from burner.
- Add chicken and tomatoes, covering chicken in sauce and cooked ingredients. Spread parmesan over top.
- Cover and place in oven @ 300 degrees for 2 hours. Uncover and spoon off fat from top.
- Allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Coarse Chop: to cut food, especially veggies, into larger pieces. -Chipotle Peppers: I use Goya brand in a can. You can find them in the Hispanic/Ethnic food section of your supermarket. -Lemon Juice: To get the most juice out of a lemon, microwave it for 35 seconds then juice it. -I prefer to use San Marzano tomatoes
Number of servings (yield): 6