Well, it’s spring and that means ASPARAGUS is in season! Here’s a great appetizer for parties using puff pastry and these little green gifts from the earth. I like to dip them in a spicy mustard. My friends and family LOVE THESE, and yours will too!
- Fresh locally grown asparagus
- Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets
- 1 farm fresh egg
- Defrost pastry sheets. Trim the bottom of the asparagus stems, rinse, drain on towel.
- Preheat oven @ 375⁰.
- In small bowl or cup, mix egg and set aside.
- Unfold pastry sheets, separate at perforations, cut each strip into 3 inch sections.
- Place asparagus spear at end of cut pastry sheet, roll to close, pinch together at seam. Place on parchment lined baking tray seam side down. Brush pastry portion lightly with egg wash.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until puffy & golden brown.
- Serve warm with Dijon mustard or dipping favorite dipping sauce.