Summary : “This rivals any standard hamburger out there hands down. Think sweet meets savory, East meets West, doing the perfect kick-arse 123 Whahooza!!”
- 2 lbs ground pork
- 1 lb cooked shrimp, peeled, deveined and diced (I use frozen shrimp that have been thawed)
- 5 green onions, diced (use the entire green onion)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup crushed unsalted peanuts
- 4 Tbsps soy sauce
- 2 eggs
- Zest and juice of 2 limes
- 4 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, finely chopped
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and form burgers.
- Freeze burgers for 45 minutes then place grill (medium heat).
- Cook on each side for about 5-7 minutes with grill lid covered.
- Serve on toasted potato rolls with Cranny-Chipotle Grilling Sauce and Lime-Mayo Spread!
Food for Thought:
–I use Martin’s brand potato rolls. They ROCK!
CRANNY-CHIPOTLE GRILLING SAUCE
“A little sweet, a little smoky, a little spicy. Easy CAN BE amazing!”
1 can (16oz) of whole cranberry sauce
4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
3 tablespoons soy sauce
5 garlic cloves, diced
2 tablespoons cornstarch
½ chipotle pepper in adobo diced*
- Blend all ingredients in blender on high for 1 minute.
- Place sauce in a saucepan on medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Sauce should be bubbling. Spread on top of burger.
*If you want to make this recipe spicier, add more chipotle peppers.
Food for Thought:
The sauce is great with chicken, steak and salmon too! I use Goya brand chipotle peppers in Adobo sauce. Most large supermarkets carry this brand in the ethnic section.
½ cup Hellman’s Mayonnaise
1 tablespoon lime zest
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
Mix thoroughly in small bowl and spread on burgers.
Copyright, 2010 Cooper Boone Inc.
Wanna Print? Click Here: Pork and Shrimp Burger and Cranny-Chipotle Grilling Sauce and Lime-Mayo Spread